Easy to pay. The way gas bills should be.
We understand you want to spend less time paying bills and more time doing the things that truly matter to you. That's why we offer several convenient ways to pay your monthly natural gas bill:
- Online bill pay through your checking or savings account. Save time and postage costs by paying online through your checking or savings account. This service is available nearly 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and it's easy to register. You must have a copy of a recent GNG bill so you can enter your account number, name and address exactly as they appear on your bill. Your online payment can take up to five business days to be processed.
- Check or money order via the mail. Your payment may take up to seven business days to be processed. Mail payments to:
Georgia Natural Gas
Attention: Payment Center
PO BOX 105445
Atlanta, GA 30348-5445
- Payment stations Pay your balance in person at a Western Union® agent location. Call 1-800-551-8001, and press option 1 to find the authorized agent location nearest you. Western Union assesses a processing fee for each transaction. Depending on when GNG receives your payment from Western Union, your payment may take up to seven business days to be processed.
- Pay by phone You can pay your gas bill automatically using your checking or savings account or your Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, or certain ATM/debit cards using the SpeedPay® automated pay service. Just call 1-800-218-4926 and follow the recorded instructions. SpeedPay® assesses a processing fee for each transaction. Your transaction may take up to five business days to be processed; your credit card payment or debit transaction may take up to two business days.
- Automatic bank draft When you sign up for bank drafting, we will automatically withdraw the amount due from your financial institution on or near the due date shown on your bill (except holidays or weekends). To sign up, call GNG for an application (770-850-6200 inside metro Atlanta or 1-877-850-6200 toll-free outside Atlanta), download an application (68 KB, PDF) to mail or fax to us, or use Online Customer Care and apply online.
Budget Billing Plan
We also offer our customers a way to make their monthly payments for gas service more uniform throughout the year. Under the Budget Billing Plan, we establish a monthly budget payment based on a customer's estimated cost of gas service over 12 billing cycles.
In colder winter months, when gas bills typically are higher, customers on the plan usually pay less than their actual gas charges, resulting in a debit. In the summer months, when gas bills typically are lower, customers on the plan usually pay more than their actual gas charges, resulting in a credit. Periodically, we calculate the difference between the total budgeted amount the customer has paid and the actual charges for that period. We then use that difference, or variance, to help calculate the customer's new monthly payment for the next budget period.
Please note that GNG reserves the right to limit the availability of the Budget Billing Plan. For more details, see our Budget Billing Plan page.
If you are ready to enroll on Budget Billing, please call our Customer Care Center at 770-850-6200 (inside metro Atlanta) or 1-877-850-6200 (toll-free outside metro Atlanta). We are open 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturdays.